If you want to start a small business, expand your business or simply solve a problem nagging your business, you can receive FREE expert advice from the Service Corps of Retired Executives. SCORE is a service of the Small Business Administration [SBA] and is made up of counselors who are successful executives either retired or still in business. These volunteers offer their time and expertise to assist you, the next generation of business leaders.
The Yonkers Chamber of Commerce is fortunate that SCORE has agreed to hold counseling sessions on a regular, weekly basis at our 55 Main Street – 2nd Floor offices. Counselors are available – by appointment only.
SCORE counseling and their objectives include:
• Guiding clients toward solving their own problems and making their own decisions.
• Helping clients assess the viability of their business or new business idea in the competitive marketplace.
• Reviewing personal characteristics needed in a successful entrepreneur.
• Helping clients review their strengths and weaknesses, both personal and financial.
• Advising clients of other SBA services.
• Assisting clients in preparing a viable “Business Plan – The Essential Document for Success in Building and Financing a Business.
For appointments, call the SCORE Main Office at (914) 948-3907 or www.westchester.score.org.