What the Chamber Does
The Chamber of Commerce is the voice of business in Yonkers, aggressively promoting measures and issues that are in the interests of doing business in the city and working against anything impairing or threatening the vitality of Yonkers businesses. At every turn, the Chamber advocates and initiates programs designed to enhance the image of Yonkers and stimulate the marketing of Yonkers-based products and services. The Chamber actively "partners" with various government entities and business organizations to form a powerful network extending into every segment of business society.
Other Chamber Services
- Hosting of educational and informational programs to assist members with business growth
- Counseling and guidance for new business or expanding business ventures
- Generating Certificates of Origin for firms shipping goods outside the United States (especially valuable with global trade now conducted over the Internet)
- Maintenance of research tools, such as source and historic Yonkers reference libraries
- Providing interns under a wide array of educational partnerships
Services Corps Of Retired Executives (SCORE) provides counseling to persons in business or considering establishing a business. The counselors are retired executives able to call upon experience and training, and work under the Federal Small Business Administration (SBA). The Yonkers Chamber of Commerce Business Hall of Fame was established in 2001 to provide recognition to corporations and commercial establishments and their executives, who have successfully contributed to the area of economic development and have enhanced the community through their civic involvement.
Associate Office, U.S. Department of Commerce
Member, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Member, New York State Business Council
Member, New York State Association of Industrial Development Agencies
Member, American Chamber of Commerce Executives
Member, New York State Chamber of Commerce Executives
Member, Westchester County Chamber Executives
Member, Westchester County Association
Member, Southern Westchester Import/Export Council
These affiliations expand the Chamber's sensitivity to business trends and issues, while enhancing its ability to reach out for solutions and support on the local, county, state and national levels.